[tei-council] invalid examples allowed in Guidelines?

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jan 8 21:23:53 EST 2011

At one time we discussed giving "skeletal" examples like this some
special attribute value to indicate that they were not to be parsed. I
wonder whether declaring them to be in some other non-TEI namespace
would be appropriate.

Incidentally, looking at the spec for <egXML> at
http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-egXML.html I am
mystified to see the claim that it is an empty element. #fail