[tei-council] FR nuncles: new element tei:objectType

Laurent Romary laurent.romary at inria.fr
Fri Jan 7 09:02:28 EST 2011

On your two points:
- I am just asking you to bootstrap by correcting the text you pointed
to (you said it was outdated) and pass the token over to Gaby
- re: "make", the question is really if there are some alternatives
which would make so many of us basically happy. Is there a widely
spread, platform independant framework, with a good and native
connection to svn?

Le 7 janv. 11 à 13:52, Sebastian Rahtz a écrit :

> On 7 Jan 2011, at 12:30, Laurent Romary wrote:
>
>> Seb, would you want to bring this as a wiki page, ammend the obvious
>> mistakes and let Gabriel put in the feedback from his experience?
>
> well, the bald answer is no, I would not _want_ to :-}
>
> but seriously, I wonder if I am the best person to do such a thing -
> I am too
> close to the setup to be objective enough, and know what needs
> explaining.
>
> which brings me to a more strategic question.
>
> I am sure we all agree that building the Guidelines is something
> that more people should be able to do, and it should be simple
> and easier to use.
>
> so the question for those of you who feel able to comment
> on the engineering is what framework/setup/workflow/system
> is best for our stuff? currently its all based around use of the Unix
> "make" utility.  should we move away from this? if so, what to?
>
> --
> Sebastian Rahtz
> Information and Support Group Manager
> Oxford University Computing Services