[tei-council] nuncling ... help needed!

Gabriel Bodard gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Oct 18 12:38:16 EDT 2010

If I'm not wanted on #2, I suppose I could co-nuncle #8 if someone else
is willing to talk over the possibilities.

(Is this the point at which we all give a Paddington Stare at anyone who
hasn't volunteered to nuncle anything yet?)

On 18/10/2010 17:25, Lou wrote:
> Further to Laurent's call for volunteers a week or two back, and with
> apologies for the delay, here are the collated results of said appeal.
>
> As you can see, we need a few more volunteers. Specifically
>
> (a) #1 has only one nuncle
> (b) #4 has no nuncles other than its onlie begetters
> (c) #5 has only one nuncle
> (d) #6 has no nuncle at all :-(
> (e) #8 has no nuncle at all :-(
>
> Please could I urge all signed up nuncles to contact each other as soon
> as possible and agree a plan of campaign?
>
> It would be really good to have a preliminary statement of each problem
> area and a balanced review of the possible resolutions circulated to
> council by this time next week. In some cases this is easier than others
> of course.
>
> 1. further attributes for imprecise numerical values --------
>
> 3060909: add attribute for non-numeric characterisation of precision
> 3060919: add way of expressing confidence for att.ranging values
>
> GB
>
> 2. further features for personographies ----------------------
>
> 3060874: @source and @code for<faith>
> 3060867: Grouping elements for traitlike, statelike, and eventlike
> elements
>
> SR
> LB
> GB (perhaps)
>
> 3. proposed clarificatory text for some tecnical issues ------
>
> 3051750: Form of words needs to be proposed (schema langs)
> 2493417: Ibid (idno)
>
> JN
> BB
>

> 4. bibliographic issues --------------------------------------
>
> 2976715: resp ->  model.respLike in biblStruct. and other things.
> 2987832: date within biblStruct
> Further recommendations arising from the working paper on
> bibliographic description
>
> MH, KH
>
> 5. ODD issues ------------------------------------------------
>
> 2994685: att.global shd be explicit in ODD source
> 1933481: @status attribute to indicate deprecated elements
>
> JC
>
> 6. multimedia issues ---------------------------------------
>
> 2724992: features for alignment of audio and video
> 2507305: alignment and documentation of sound files
>
> 7. New "object" element ------------------------------------
>
> 2811239: "object" element
>
> GB
> DP
> BB
> EP
>

> 8. Generic dating class -----------------------------------
>
> 2925145: generic dating class
>
> 9. Specific recommendations arising from the Genetic Editing workpaper
>
> 2834511: make more spanning elements
>
> LB
> DP
> EP

Dr Gabriel BODARD
(Epigrapher, Digital Classicist, Pirate)

Centre for Computing in the Humanities
King's College London
26-29 Drury Lane
London WC2B 5RL