[tei-council] nuncling ... help needed!

Lou lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 18 12:25:09 EDT 2010

Further to Laurent's call for volunteers a week or two back, and with
apologies for the delay, here are the collated results of said appeal.

As you can see, we need a few more volunteers. Specifically

(a) #1 has only one nuncle
(b) #4 has no nuncles other than its onlie begetters
(c) #5 has only one nuncle
(d) #6 has no nuncle at all :-(
(e) #8 has no nuncle at all :-(

Please could I urge all signed up nuncles to contact each other as soon
as possible and agree a plan of campaign?

It would be really good to have a preliminary statement of each problem
area and a balanced review of the possible resolutions circulated to
council by this time next week. In some cases this is easier than others
of course.

1. further attributes for imprecise numerical values --------

3060909: add attribute for non-numeric characterisation of precision
3060919: add way of expressing confidence for att.ranging values

GB

2. further features for personographies ----------------------

3060874: @source and @code for <faith>
3060867: Grouping elements for traitlike, statelike, and eventlike
elements

SR
LB
GB (perhaps)

3. proposed clarificatory text for some tecnical issues ------

3051750: Form of words needs to be proposed (schema langs)
2493417: Ibid (idno)

JN
BB

4. bibliographic issues --------------------------------------

2976715: resp -> model.respLike in biblStruct. and other things.
2987832: date within biblStruct
Further recommendations arising from the working paper on
bibliographic description

MH, KH

5. ODD issues ------------------------------------------------

2994685: att.global shd be explicit in ODD source
1933481: @status attribute to indicate deprecated elements

JC

6. multimedia issues ---------------------------------------

2724992: features for alignment of audio and video
2507305: alignment and documentation of sound files

7. New "object" element ------------------------------------

2811239: "object" element

GB
DP
BB
EP

2925145: generic dating class

9. Specific recommendations arising from the Genetic Editing workpaper

2834511: make more spanning elements

LB
DP
EP