[tei-council] wait there's (a few) more

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 14 07:45:03 EDT 2010

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> 3058674 Add model.graphicLike to content of glyph  ...
> make <glyph> a member of model.graphicLike? makes me nervous.
> what on earth would it mean in the text body? DISAGREE

before and it was erroneously removed before and substituted with
<figure>?  I then suggested that we return it to <char> because I
had noticed it was removed from there and we have now already
done so. It was simply me neglecting to notice it had also been
removed from <glyph>.   We are not suggesting that <glyph>
becomes a member of model.graphicLike but that <glyph>'s content
allow model.graphicLike.  If you disagree with this you really
need to explain why <char> should be allowed to have <graphic>
elements in it but <glyph> should not be allowed to.  I think you
are misunderstanding the ticket.

-James

--
Dr James Cummings, Research Technologies Service
OUCS, University of Oxford