[tei-council] Symposium on TEI and Scholarly Publishing: registration, announcement for sharing

Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins at ultraslavonic.info
Tue Mar 9 09:56:30 EST 2010

Dear Council Members,

Registration is now open.  Please take a moment to register online so we
can prepare name badges and food orders from a single source.

Please circulate the message below to any colleagues who might be
interested in our event and note who you've sent it to in *the other*
Google Docs file:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ARyxZGtPbrQ1ZHYzZHg3aF85Znc4dzN0ZDQ&hl=en_GB

--Kevin

***

*Please circulate*

Symposium on TEI and Scholarly Publishing
http://dho.ie/node/673

Wednesday, 28 April 2010
Royal Irish Academy, 19 Dawson Street, Dublin 2

The TEI Council and the Digital Humanities Observatory, a project of the
Royal Irish Academy, invite you to participate in a one-day Symposium on
TEI and Scholarly Publishing, to be held 28 April 2010 in conjunction
with a meeting of the TEI Council. Invited speakers from universities,
publishing organizations, and private industry will identify current
difficulties in making publication systems interoperable and identify
priority actions for the TEI to intervene in this arena.

During the presentations, there will be simultaneous discussion in the
backchannel #teipublishing and in a publicly readable and editable
Google Docs file for collaborative identification of priority actions
for the TEI. To avoid infestation by spambots, we will not include the
actual URL in announcements. Please type "docs.google.com" into your
browser and then paste the following after it:

/Doc?id=dv3dx7h_12gtqzjxg5

We encourage participation on the backchannel and in this collaborative
writing exercise by all, even those unable to attend in person.

Registration to attend in person is free but required. For further
information, please see http://dho.ie/node/673