[tei-council] a proposal for a change to ODD (copy of ticket I just put in SF)

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 8 16:08:06 EST 2010

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> On 8 Mar 2010, at 20:45, O'Donnell, Dan wrote:
>
>> I'm only coming to this late due to a family emergency, but I'd love
>> this too, if I'm understanding it: we were just discussing this
>> problem
>> with Perry and Apex in relation to AccessTEI. Would it be possible to
>> build in a way of handling examples as well? Another problem we've run
>> into is that you can end up with inappropriate examples after all the
>> deletions.
>

> I'd be keen to sort out examples. Can you define the problem
> in more detail?
> --

My understanding of the problem is that the reference doc for elements
you include in your ODD without modification will include the same
examples as they do in P5. This is confusing if, say,  you have removed
some of the elements contained by those examples.

I don't think there's any way round this, other than to provide your own
customized examples in your ODD. As I suggested to Perry last week this
is probably good practice anyway.