[tei-council] Shopping cart tryout

Elena Pierazzo elena.pierazzo at kcl.ac.uk
Thu Aug 13 05:18:56 EDT 2009

Hi, Tried it and seems intuitive and easy.
A couple of remarks:

1. The website is very slow
2. The affiliation field for the Conference tag is too short (32 chars
if I got it right) and 'Centre for Computing in the Humanities'
doesn't fit.
3. In general I find a bit disturbing the commercial vocabulary
('shopping cart', 'customer') as when you register for a conference
you are not really purchasing goods.

Elena
On 12 Aug 2009, at 21:43, Daniel Paul O'Donnell wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are very close to launching a shopping cart for online conference
> registration and subscription. I'd appreciate volunteers for a dry
> run.
> Here's the development URL: http://zencart2.kakelbont.homelinux.net/
>
> You need a username and password to access the URL: /u guest /p tseug
>
> I won't give any more instructions: let me know how well you can see
> what you need to do and whether or not it works. An error arises at
> the
> very last stage of a purchase or registration because the email is not
> set up on this test server. We are particularly interested in the
> conference registration, since that has got to open very soon.
>
> There are other ways of doing things, so let me know if this is not
> clear.
>
> -dan
>

> --
> Daniel Paul O'Donnell
> Associate Professor of English
> University of Lethbridge
>
> Chair and CEO, Text Encoding Initiative (http://www.tei-c.org/)
> Co-Chair, Digital Initiatives Advisory Board, Medieval Academy of
> America
> President-elect (English), Society for Digital Humanities/Société
> pour l'étude des médias interactifs (http://sdh-semi.org/)
> Founding Director (2003-2009), Digital Medievalist Project (http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/
> )
>
> Vox: +1 403 329-2377