[tei-council] Shopping cart tryout

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Thu Aug 13 09:46:21 EDT 2009

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Elena Pierazzo wrote:

> 3. In general I find a bit disturbing the commercial vocabulary
> ('shopping cart', 'customer') as when you register for a conference
> you are not really purchasing goods.

I think that "shopping cart (or 'basket')" is the de facto standard term
for Web-based purchase transactions, even on academic sites. But
"customer" could be changed to something else.

It worked fine for me up to the email registration stage, as predicted.
I assume that there is some error-checking at the back end for
well-formed email addresses, etc?

Should the field for "Telephone" and "Fax Number" specify whether or not
to begin with the country code?

David