[tei-council] [Fwd: Community Choice Awards: Finalist Notification]

Daniel Paul O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 14:05:08 EDT 2009

Dot, darling, would you? James also has tons of photos of council, if
you want additional visuals.

But to be honest, not too much explanation!

Dot Porter wrote:
> As the individual responsible for the encoding in that video, I'd be
> happy to go on camera and say a few words about the thought process
> behind it.
>
> Dot
>
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Gabriel Bodard<gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> I think the Dylan video is actually pretty cool (not that that was ever
>> in question), and while it explicitly isn't what SF were asking for, I
>> think it *would* make a good part of any submission we did send to them.
>> If, for example, we had a couple of short videos of people talking about
>> TEI and what it does and what we do, then this (perhaps preceeded by a
>> talking head explaining what it is, with a couple of slides showing some
>> of the <choice> and <note> elements that fly past to quickly on the
>> YouTube screen really to see what they're about...) would make that
>> submission richer. IMO.

>> Daniel Paul O'Donnell a écrit :
>>
>>> What is this "read the message" you speak of? Does anybody do that any
>>> more? I thought email was like poetry: more people write it than read it.

Daniel Paul O'Donnell
Associate Professor of English
University of Lethbridge

Chair and CEO, Text Encoding Initiative (http://www.tei-c.org/)
Founding Director, Digital Medievalist Project (http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/)
Chair, Electronic Editions Advisory Board, Medieval Academy of America

Vox: +1 403 329-2377
Fax: +1 403 382-7191 (non-confidental)
Home Page: http://people.uleth.ca/~daniel.odonnell/