[tei-council] [Fwd: Community Choice Awards: Finalist Notification]

Dot Porter dot.porter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 13:56:43 EDT 2009

As the individual responsible for the encoding in that video, I'd be
happy to go on camera and say a few words about the thought process
behind it.

Dot

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Gabriel Bodard<gabriel.bodard at kcl.ac.uk> wrote:
> I think the Dylan video is actually pretty cool (not that that was ever
> in question), and while it explicitly isn't what SF were asking for, I
> think it *would* make a good part of any submission we did send to them.
> If, for example, we had a couple of short videos of people talking about
> TEI and what it does and what we do, then this (perhaps preceeded by a
> talking head explaining what it is, with a couple of slides showing some
> of the <choice> and <note> elements that fly past to quickly on the
> YouTube screen really to see what they're about...) would make that
> submission richer. IMO.

> Daniel Paul O'Donnell a écrit :
>> What is this "read the message" you speak of? Does anybody do that any
>> more? I thought email was like poetry: more people write it than read it.
>>
>> Lou Burnard wrote:
>>> Iff you read the message it  does make clear what kind of video they're looking
>>> for -- and the Dylan one is not it. Not that that need stop us (and indeed, it
>>> hasn't)
>>>

>>> n message <4A30B00A.6040806 at oucs.ox.ac.uk> James Cummings

Dot Porter (MA, MSLS)          Metadata Manager
Digital Humanities Observatory (RIA), Regus House, 28-32 Upper
Pembroke Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
-- A Project of the Royal Irish Academy --
Phone: +353 1 234 2444        Fax: +353 1 234 2400
http://dho.ie          Email: dot.porter at gmail.com