[tei-council] dim

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jun 5 04:02:14 EDT 2009

Dot Porter wrote:

> much, so i don't think it was a big concern. The reasoning, I believe,
> is that a source text being encoded may not have height, width, etc.
> in the same order as prescribed by the TEI.
do we have an example of where <dimensions> would be used in a
transcription? it could
not, after all, be used to mark up

 The stone is 16 cm high x 23 cm deep

because its content is pure structure. which is why I wonder why the order
matters.
> Lou's concern, again from memory, was that if we removed the ordering
> any of the child elements could be repeated in any order - hence the
> request for a pattern for "no more than one of each in any order".
its not that easy to write a schematron rule for this, because
you dont know what the link to
model.dimLike_sequenceOptional
may expand to. It may have zero, one or many elements (including
new ones). I don't offhand see how to write an XPath saying
"no child element may occur twice" - can anyone else think of a way?