[tei-council] last call for next release

Arianna Ciula arianna.ciula at kcl.ac.uk
Wed Jan 28 07:14:26 EST 2009

As commented in Sourceforge, I think it would be a good thing to have
<locusGrp> not only for expressing one case of grouping discontinuous
ranges, but also, eventually, to group various loci in different ways
according to the scope of the analysis.

The example in the guidelines about foliation may be one case:
<locusGrp target="#item1">
<locus scheme="#original">XCIII</locus>
<locus scheme="#modern">135</locus>
</locusGrp>

So what I am saying is that may be it will be too limiting to allow the
use of <locusGrp> ONLY for discontinuous ranges.

Torsten suggests it may also be useful within <decoNote> and I would
say, what about <handNote> too then?

See for instance the example at
http://www.diamm.ac.uk/jsp/Source.jsp?navToggle=1&sourceKey=805

The fourth paragraph contains some notes on a specific scribe who
contributed to other manuscripts too.

This is just to say that I am in favour of this new element, but may be
we need to think more of where else it would be useful and what
attributes to supply it with.

May the MS SIG had some discussion about this already?

Arianna

Peter Boot wrote:
> Lou Burnard schreef:
>> 2242044 : locusGrp -- I think I know what needs doing, but would
>> appreciate confirmation and a new example (see thread "State of play
>> update" on this list)
>
> I had an opinion about this one, but the example will have to come from
> someone who actually knows about manuscripts.

Dr Arianna Ciula
Research Associate
Centre for Computing in the Humanities
King's College London