[tei-council] Proposal <idno> coverage -SF 2493417

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jan 24 06:34:41 EST 2009

Peter Boot wrote:

> As a way to sidestep these ramifications, couldn't we introduce a
> schematron rule that says something like: if an <author> has an <idno>
> child, it must also have one name|persName|orgName child and can't have
> text children. This would remove the mixed content problems.

You could do that in the schema, never mind schematron, if
that's what is decided. It seems bad to special-case <idno>
like this, though, or to dictate that it must come first
in an <author>

But if you say there are two forms of <author>, one
with structure and one without, isn't it actually
easier to add <authorStruct>....?

is it going to stop here, though? presumably
<editor> has exactly the same issues? will <publisher>
be next?

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente