[tei-council] repetition in the description of @place

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 7 04:45:01 EST 2009

Dot Porter wrote on TEI-L:

> Looking at the description of @place in the guidelines
> (http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-att.placement.html),
> I note that 'inline' is listed twice as a "suggested value", with two
> different definitions:

this is patently ridiculous, and I think must
be sorted out for the next release in a few weeks time.
among other things, it screws up what I was doing
for adding translations.

the two descriptions are

"addition is made in a space left in the witness by an earlier scribe"
"note appears as a marked paragraph in the body of the text"

so we need a new description which combines both, or make
up some new names. maybe, for example, use "insertion"
as the name for the first situation above?

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente