[tei-council] repetition in the description of @place

Arianna Ciula arianna.ciula at kcl.ac.uk
Wed Jan 7 05:48:34 EST 2009

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Dot Porter wrote on TEI-L:
> the two descriptions are
>
> "addition is made in a space left in the witness by an earlier scribe"
> "note appears as a marked paragraph in the body of the text"

may be something like:
"note appears as a marked paragraph in the body of the text or in a
space left in the witness by an earlier scribe"

> so we need a new description which combines both, or make
> up some new names. maybe, for example, use "insertion"
> as the name for the first situation above?

I wouldn't change the name since 'inline' still stands for a 'location'
in the page, while 'insertion' is more of an editorial statement that
the observation of the position of the text in question.

Arianna
--
Dr Arianna Ciula
Research Associate