[tei-council] Fwd: grouping elements under <choice>

Peter Boot pboot at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 16 12:36:28 EST 2008

I would think it is an important issue. But it also has wide-reaching
implications. Piotr asks for a way to represent multiple analyses of his
text. But a next case would obviously be to represent multiple
transcriptions, in case of doubt. And then the next option would to
store a text and its translation under choice. etc. But where does it end?

If we're going to do something about this I would think it needs a small
working group to sort the issue out.

(And if you already had a fight over this, why start it anew?)

Peter