[tei-council] Badges

Daniel Paul O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Tue Dec 9 19:37:14 EST 2008

> If "the way the site uses TEI" is construed in the very broadest sense,
> for example an explanation of conformance level, P4/P5 usage,
> customizations, and delivery system (how are TEI texts converted for
> browser presentation?), then maybe "TEI technology" is the best phrase
> to cover all possibilities. But if the emphasis is on the underlying
> document markup practices, how about
>
>   [ TEI conformance ]   or   [ TEI encoding ]
>
> or to have something more similar to the W3C "valid HTML" buttons,
> asserting that one is following best practices:
>
>   [ Conformant TEI ]

This goes back to something that was originally wrapped up in my draft
buttons, which both you and Lou separated from the
publicity/identification issue. And interestingly, this idea of
focussing on conformance and validation might be more reasonable that it
seemed a couple of days ago: a possibility has arisen that might allow
us to devote some time to making our draft parser more robust and more
ubiquitous.

I'm beginning to think that the way to see this is that we like the
distinction Lou proposed, but the "TEI Technology" track is not yet ripe
for resolution and we might be able to propose a better button or series
of buttons for that series later in 2009. But we can go with a more
generic "powered by" button now.