[tei-council] Another version

Daniel Paul O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Mon Dec 8 20:25:05 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 00:14 +0000, James Cummings wrote:
> I also had done a version
> http://james.cummingsfamily.org.uk/TEI/logos/logo.png
> ages ago.  I frankly don't like any of the ones Dan, Chris or I came up
> with, but think Chris' is the best of the bunch.  If she didn't want to,
> or mind, I'd be willing to have another go based on hers.  Otherwise, if
>   David can get a graphic designer to do it then so much the better.

As much as I felt that mine had a sort of serene beauty that appears not
to be appreciated by the hoi polloi, I'm happy to cede if it gets us
moving on this.

How about this from a council perspective: a nice design, no precise
focus on levels of conformity (keeping in mind that it is more an ad
than a statement of conformance). Since I think some people might like
to brag that their sites are using P5, I'd like to propose a set of
three: A powered by TEI; a powered by TEI P4, and a powered by TEI P5.
These last two can point at the relevant guidelines.

Any objections? David, could you find a designer if this is approved by
council and board? I'd like to unroll this with a couple of other things
very soon in the new year.

-dan