[tei-council] ALLC/TEI: internationalisation news?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Nov 29 06:37:50 EST 2008

Ciula, Arianna wrote:

> sorry this is the last minute, but today and tomorrow the ALLC committee
> is meeting. Anything to report about the internationalisation project
> ALLC is funding?

Nothing new, really. We are done with the phase of work
which the ALLC funded; using their money we were able
to get translations of summary documentation
French, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, and Japanese
completed. Korean has recently been added, and Russian,
German and Portuguese are in progress. The first 5 languages
are now part of the P5 delivered documentation and schemas.

The next stage I am working on is inclusion translated or localized
examples; a whole set of Chinese ones will be integrated
in the January 2009 release, with hopefully some French too.

Let me know if the ALLC  needs any form of formal closure.

Sólo le pido a Dios
que el futuro no me sea indiferente