[tei-council] "Getting Started": a couple of questions

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Mon Nov 24 22:18:38 EST 2008

(Mostly for Peter, but posted to list so all can see the answers)

1. How is the provisional HTML rendering at
http://peterboot.nl/tei/gs.html being generated? (Which XSLT stylesheet
is applied to the source XML, and are you using a cron job to update the
files regularly based on the Sourceforge repository?) (The rendering of
<egXML> is perfect in the print version that uses tei-print.css, but
erroneous in the browser version that uses tei.css, which means that
either the stylesheet or the CSS [or both] need minor adjustments.)

2. In our references to page counts ("The getting started document that
you are reading now is about 50 pages long"), are we basing our
estimates on the results of Print Preview on the HTML version? (Usually
a higher page count than XSL-FO output to PDF.)

I'm working on my section, but as this is Thanksgiving holiday week here
and I will be driving 1500 miles (~2400 km), "end of November" is likely
to mean "first week of December" for a draft that can be shared.

David

PO Box 801079, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA