[tei-council] Internationalisation - two issues

Laurent Romary laurent.romary at loria.fr
Wed Oct 22 11:46:54 EDT 2008

Dear (Seb in particular :-}),
As I was trying to figure out the best strategy with regards the
<addSpan> thread, I came across the problem/issue/feature? that
googling the TEI now points randomly to any page in whatever language.
For instance "addspan tei p5" yields the following sequence of results:
www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/ja/html/ref-addSpan.html
www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/REF-ELEMENTS.html
tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/P5/Guidelines-web/zh-tw/html/ref-addSpan.html
tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/P5/Guidelines-web/it/html/CO.html
and that's all! (I mean links to our own documentations).

The issues at hand are:
- the English pages do not appear
- the refs are randomly pointing to the tei-c page and the
tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk

A second problem I discovered while toying with the pages is that you
cannot switch from one language to another for the same content. For
instance, from:
www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/ja/html/ref-addSpan.html
you come to the list of elements if you click on any language at the
bottom of the page instead of pointing to the translation of the page.

Is there a way to do something about this?
Best,
Laurent