[tei-council] Fwd: Pizza chef not accepting modification files?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 16 16:59:27 EDT 2008

John A. Walsh wrote:

> I was thinking ant, which was one of the suggestions in sourceforge.

I'm not against the idea, but frankly its a low
priority for me, unless the council tells me otherwise.

> I believe the "command-line roma" could also be implemented as an ant
> script, since it's largely a bunch of XSLT.  But we could provide a
> package with a lib directory--with trang, and jing, and all the
> libraries we need, so people wouldn't have to fiddle about with that
> stuff.

ingenious idea, but that means folk knowing what a command line
is, and how to type "ant". I'm keener on the little Java app,
to be honest.

> I have the command-line Roma running on my OS X machine, but I
> recall it being a real pain in the ass to get working.

took me about 10 minutes to get working under OS X,
but then I know it rather well :-} In fact the entire P5 foodchain
is working for me under OS X, fwiw.

> I understand
> resources are an issue.  So I think it's a good agenda item to discuss
> and see where these fall in the priority list.
yes, agreed