[tei-council] Up for grabs: getting started sections

Peter Boot pboot at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 12 13:19:18 EDT 2008

Hello all,

A number of you have in the past volunteered to contribute sections to
the getting started document. I think I'll have a first go myself at a
number of sections that should use a continuing example, but I'd like to
have candidates for writing a draft for the following sections:

     * 2. Should you use TEI?
     * 3. Technical background
     * 5. The rationale of declarative mark-up
     * 6. Choosing and installing an editor
     * 9. Getting this to work on sample of own text
     * 10. Schema's
     * 11. Where to go from here

Please let me know if you're interested. If there should be conflicting
claims, I'll try to adjudicate.

Following David's suggestion I have put up the outline at
http://www.tei-c.org/wiki/index.php/Getting_Started. A meta-document
about purpose, target, style, etc., is located at
http://www.tei-c.org/wiki/index.php/About_Getting_Started. An html
version is located provisionally at http://peterboot.nl/tei/gs.html.

About the technical setup, see
http://www.tei-c.org/wiki/index.php/About_Getting_Started#Technical_setup.