[tei-council] Requests 1925125 and 1933198

Peter Boot pboot at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 2 04:09:00 EDT 2008

James Cummings schreef:

> Request 1925125
> (1) we need to define the four new attributes, (@min, @max, at atLeast,
> @atMost) in a new attribute class, as previously discussed, perhaps
> "att.ranging" or similar. (The <precision> element mentioned below will
> then be a member of att.ranging but not att.dimensions.)

I may be missing something very elementary, but what is the intended
difference between @min and @atLeast? I'd think if x is the minimum
value for some quantity, that quantity is at least x?

> (2) the existing @precision attribute should be defined within
> att.dimensions __but **not** att.editLike or att.ranging__. It is really
> a bug that many of the members of att.editLike currently have @precision.

att.ranging should include the members of att.dimensions, I understand
from Gabriel's later post. But currently att.dimensions only includes
these members: depth dimensions height space width. At the last telcon
we agreed that elements that now have only @extent should also get
@quantity and @unit, presumably by being included in att.dimensions.
Does your proposal cover this? Which elements exactly? gap? att.damaged?

Peter