[tei-council] Comments on getting started

James Cummings James.Cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 29 11:09:22 EDT 2008

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> I am torn. Yes, its more intuitive, but its horribly verbose.
> But what sways me is that, as Laurent says, ODD is written
> using XML syntax, so we should yse that

I always find the XML Syntax clearer, but not easier, to read.

However, why should we choose one or the other?  Can our documents not
have the same toggling that we have in the reference pages to toggle
between the two forms?  It's a tiny bit of javascript... am I missing
some reason we shouldn't use that consistently *whenever* we show Relax
NG schema code?

-James
--
Dr James Cummings, Research Technologies Service, University of Oxford