[tei-council] Comments on getting started

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 29 09:39:10 EDT 2008

Peter Boot wrote:

> My preference would be for your second option: to write the document
> based on oXygen, and have appendices, maybe even wiki pages, about how
> to do this in other programs. (I would like to avoid people having to
> print a document that is very repetitive).
>
> What do others feel? Extending this to other platforms could even become
> a community effort.

I agree with you. keeping documentation
of several systems in sync is horrible. Also,
if you show one system, you can clearly
say it is illustrative. If  you show three systems,
then system #4 will complain they are not represented.

> I always felt that
>      <oneOrMore> ... </oneOrMore>
> is much more intuitive than
>     ( ... )+
>
> Other opinions?

I am torn. Yes, its more intuitive, but its horribly verbose.
But what sways me is that, as Laurent says, ODD is written
using XML syntax, so we should yse that