[tei-council] layout of datatypes etc

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Mon Jun 23 22:33:07 EDT 2008

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Peter Boot wrote:
>>  However, I include an attachment (suppose it will make it to you if
>> not to the list) that shows how this looks in IE: texts arte displayed
>> on top of each other.
> oh, GRRRR. I hate the web sometimes....

Yes, I am seeing the same behavior.

The problem is somewhere in the Javascript, columnlist.js. Wish I were
smart enough with Javascript + CSS to be able to diagnose, but MSIE does
not seem to be handling the changes to margin-top properly.

I was thinking you could do

<SCRIPT src="TEI%20Guidelines%20TOC_files/columnlist.js"
  type=text/javascript><!--JQuery columnlist--></SCRIPT>
<![endif]-->

but that doesn't quite work, as then Firefox won't load the script.

PO Box 801079, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA