[tei-council] TEI panel at DH

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jun 21 13:52:28 EDT 2008

Arianna Ciula wrote:
> - Lou and Laurent: ISO activity on feature structure is completed now,
> right?

Part one of ISO 24610 was published last year: this is the part that
deals with feature structure representation. It is the same text as the
TEI P5 chapter, with some additional tutorial material. Work on the
second part (feature system declaration) has not progressed very far,
but there is a draft out for ballot right now, which is also essentially
the same as the chapter published in TEI P5.
> - Lou: can I have some details on that French initiative please?

The TEI hosts at Nancy, together with the INIST, succeeded in getting a
grant from a French infrastructural initiative called ADONIS, the
purpose of which is to develop a network of TEI expertise in France. A
preliminary planning meeting in Paris was well attended by nearly 20
people from seven or eight different institutions, many of whom had not
previously met.  The intention is to share expertise via a wiki and a
new mailing list (tei-res) , and also to organize a training workshop to
be held this October.  Any French-speaker with TEI expertise or interest
is warmly invited to participate in the network: go to
https://listes.cru.fr/sympa/subscribe/tei-res.

> - All: I'd like to say something about the discussion we had on
> extending and making the set of stylesheets more usable. Hope that's fine.

The French were particularly interested in the idea of "TEI Stylesheets
pour les nuls"

> - All: Note that the tei council annual reports for 2006 and 2007 are
> missing from the website: http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/Council/Reports/

Yes. Who's maintaining that website, I ask?
Anyway, the 2006 report is here:

http://www.tei-c.org/Membership/Meetings/2006-Victoria/mm06councilreport.xml

In 2007, the chair didn't table a written report to members (instead we gave a rather fine presentation about P5); there was a brief oral report in the business meeting, reported in the minutes from that which are at http://www.tei-c.org/Membership/Meetings/2007-Maryland/mm44.xml