[tei-council] more details on Galway

Paul F. Schaffner pfs-listmail at umich.edu
Thu Feb 28 09:50:28 EST 2008

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008, David Sewell wrote:

> Given a choice, is there an advantage to flying in to Shannon versus
> Dublin?

>From what I could judge, the advantages are: a shorter bus
trip into Galway (assuming that one goes by bus); and a greater
choice of bus times, if one is willing to consider the Bus Eireann
services as well as CityLink. If you are settled on CityLink, then
Dublin may be a better choice, because there are relatively few
CityLink buses per day to Shannon, and you may face (say) a five hour
delay between landing and boarding the coach. The Bus Eireann
#51 service runs every hour or so. At least these were my conclusions
after wrestling with timetables this week. In the end, I opted
dubiously for Dublin, with generous time allowed between each
connection. I think you'll be ok either way. --pfs