[tei-council] more details on Galway

Arianna Ciula arianna.ciula at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Feb 26 15:07:39 EST 2008

Dear all,

since Laurent is on holiday and with limited bandwidth, I am sending
this message from Malte (it was a PDF, but don't think I can send that
to the list).

Note especially that we need to tell Malte if we are planning to stay at
the hotel for more then the two expected nights.

Arianna

========================

Dear all,

We are very much looking forward to both: the TEI at galway symposium and
the hosting of
the Council meeting in early April. Please find below some brief
information about your
stay in Galway.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything. Since I am on
leave most of
March, use the email address teiatgalway at nuigalway.ie for any questions
or comments.
This mailbox is accessed by my colleagues Sean Ryder and Marie Kennedy
as well as by
myself.

See you soon in Galway!

Best wishes,
Malte
--------

*Venue*

The event will be held at the National University of Ireland, Galway
(NUIG) on the west
coast of Ireland. With its 72,000 inhabitants, Galway is one of the
larger cities of Ireland,
located at the Galway bay in the province of Connaught. You can expect a
vivid city with
typical Irish lifestyle but don't forget to bring your rain coat!
Within NUIG, the Moore Institute for Research in the Humanities and
Social Studies and
especially the TEXTE programme (Transfer of Expertise in Technologies of
Editing) will be
your host. For the symposium and your meeting, our seminar room (203)
will be available.

Some links:
● Galway: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galway
● NUIG: http://www.nuigalway.ie/
● Moore Institute: http://mooreinstitute.ie/
● TEXTE programme: http://mooreinstitute.ie/projects.php?project=15

*Getting here*
Please have a look at http://www.nuigalway.ie/about.
If you intend to use public transportation, I strongly recommend to buy
an open return
ticket for it is much cheaper than two single tickets. Arriving via
Dublin or Shannon, Citylink
is the best option.

*Programme*
● Wednesday, 2 April 2008, 9-18h: TEI at galway symposium; Agenda will be
distributed next week
● Thursday, 3 April 2008: your meeting
● On Thursday night, we would be happy to invite you for some nice
dinner in town.
● Friday, 4 April 2008: your meeting (cont.)

*Accommodation*
We have made a pre-booking for all of you in the Harbour Hotel for the
two nights from
Wednesday to Friday. Please let us know as soon as possible if you need
accommodation
for other nights as well.
The Harbour Hotel is (surprisingly) located at the Galway harbour, and
from there it is only
a five minutes walk into the centre and a 20 minutes walk to the college.
The city centre offers a lot of options for going out for a pint or
having dinner. The
pedestrian zone around Shop Street is a good address. Many pubs have
live music
sessions every night for free.

Some links:
● Harbour Hotel: http://www.harbour.ie/
● City Map: http://www.galwaytourist.com/maps/city_map
(hotel: D4, college: A1, city centre / Shop Street: C3)
Contact

Please use teiatgalway at nuigalway.ie for any needs. Until 7 March and
from 31 March,
you can also contact me directly via: