[tei-council] editors at tei-c.org

Lou's Laptop lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Feb 17 16:35:07 EST 2008

David Sewell wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Feb 2008, Lou's Laptop wrote:
>

>> Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>>
> [...]
>
>>> I assume editors at tei-c.org will still have to go somewhere?
>>>

>> Why should it not go direct to tei-council?
>>

> It could, or the entry for "editors at tei-c.org" on the TEI website
> "Contact" page could simply be changed to the tei-council address.
> Either way, there are a couple of problematic side effects:
> I'd need to change to configuration settings for tei-council to allow
> (moderated) posting from non-members, and that means no doubt that
> more spam would be hitting my inbox. (For those of you who receive
> redirected email from addresses on http://www.tei-c.org/About/contact.xml,
> how much of a problem is spam?)

I can confirm that the address editors at tei-c.org receives its fair quota
of spam -- between 10 and 30 messages a day.  I filter out anything in
Russian or Japanese automatically, which accounts for most of it.

So probably we don't want this address going directly to the tei-council
list. I suppose filtering out the wheat from the chaff (and passing the
former on to the council) is something the proposed editorial activity
should include, therefore.