[tei-council] Draft of 2008-02-07 conference call minutes

Arianna Ciula arianna.ciula at kcl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 14 05:50:19 EST 2008

> "Members disagree over whether that venue should be SourceForge,   LB arguing yes, SB and AC saying no."
> -[I dont remember this disagreement being about where *discussion* of bugs etc should take place but maybe I'm wrong]

I think you are right. The disagreement was rather on the use of
SourceForge as the privileged place for everybody -so not only council-
to report issues; the reason of disagreement being that some people
believe SourceForge is to hight an obstacle to the less technically
aware part of the TEI community and probably also an inappropriate tool
for certain types of more prosy requests/comments.

Arianna

>> Laurent
>>
>> Le 13 févr. 08 à 17:50, Daniel O'Donnell a écrit :
>>

>>> Looks good to me. I think it is an accurate reflection of the general
>>> thrust of the discussion: there were one or two places where I thought
>>> "is that really what x said?" but I think we wouldn't be able to get
>>> more accurate without a meta-meeting and the conclusions are, as
>>> far as
>>> I'm aware, all accurate.
>>>
>>> I saw a couple of dittographies of a couple of words but now I can't
>>> find them.
>>>
>>> The question-marked attributions to me are all things I'm willing to
>>> have said ;)
>>>
>>> -dan

>>> --
>>> Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD
>>> Department Chair and Associate Professor of English
>>> Director, Digital Medievalist Project http://
>>> www.digitalmedievalist.org/
>>> Chair, Text Encoding Initiative http://www.tei-c.org/
>>>
>>> Department of English