[tei-council] Report on Sanity Checker + Exemplars

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Wed Jan 30 21:53:23 EST 2008

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> David, if you are happy to do the obvious fixes to the
> Exemplar odds, let me know when you are done
> and I will update the Roma on tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk
> and we can recheck.
>
> I think the corpus and handNote "delete-mode" <elementSpec>s
> will have to be added to hand for the moment.

Okay, have done, and tested the results, per consensus of your feedback plus
Lou's caveat about not restoring tagsDecl to TEI Lite (and therefore TEI Tite).

Just a couple of notes:

1. I realized that the complaint about teiCorpus being unreachable was simply
owing to its lack in <schemaSpec start=""> in several modules where it might
reasonably be expected to be available.  As chapter 15.1 of the Guidelines
recommends it for a wide variety of anthology-like uses, it really should be
available except in stripped-down schemas or ones clearly intended for markup
of single texts (ODD Authoring for example). So I added it to several of the
exemplars that didn't have it.

2. I added to TEI Tite but did *not* add to teilite.odd the following
to remove @rendition from the global attributes (as no <rendition>
element is avaiable to point to):

      <classSpec ident="att.global" type="atts" mode="change" module="tei">
        <attList>
          <attDef ident="rendition" mode="delete"/>
        </attList>
      </classSpec>

I'd suggest that it be added to teilite.odd as well, since use of @rendition is
not documented in the TEI Lite tutorial. As it is, folks using oXygen or another
schema-aware editor may be puzzled about why '@rendition' is an available
attribute on any element.

David

PO Box 801079, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA