[tei-council] jing doesn't like Schematron in Leopard?

David Sewell dsewell at virginia.edu
Sun Jan 6 20:08:05 EST 2008

Syd,

I've just started working with the TEI Sourceforge repository on a new
iMac that has Leopard (10.5.1). I'm not using Fink at the moment, but I
just experimented with building things by using the trang and jing that
come with oXygen 9.1, which is on my machine.

I have a directory $HOME/bin in my PATH, so I created $HOME/bin/jing
with this content:

	#!/bin/sh
	java -jar /Applications/oxygen/lib/onvdl.jar $@

and made it executable with "chmod u+x jing". (onvdl.jar is oXygen's
extension built on Jing, see
   http://www.oxygenxml.com/onvdl.html
) Then running

 jing p5.sch Source/Guidelines/en/guidelines-en.xml

completed fine. To test things, I changed a tag name in the XML file,
and running the jing command again produced a complaint as expected.

(Just a thought, but do you have the latest Fink version of jing
from the unstable distribution?)

David