[tei-council] printed guidelines (again)

Elena Pierazzo elena.pierazzo at kcl.ac.uk
Wed Dec 19 05:33:41 EST 2007

Hi all,

firstly, I apologize about my long silence in the list but for some time
I was unable to send messages at all. The problem has been sorted
recently (thanks to Daniel and the guys at Virginia) so I think you will
read more of me from now.

About the printed guidelines: perhaps the things have been already
discussed before my entering the list, so please apologize if I'm saying
something against a point already accepted: I find the red boxes around
the internal links rather disturbing, especially in pages stuffed with
links or at the end of every chapter where the elements that belongs to
the module are listed: it is very difficult to read through them.

I know that once printed such boxes will disappear, but if we are
imagine (is it like that?) to offer the pdf version from the website,
perhaps is worthy to find out another style (unless, of course, such a
matter has already been discussed and decided).

Some minor points:

At page 12 there is a big gap before the table that starts in the next
page with some formatting problems, I think, as the right margin is broken.
Page 47: is spacing between different <classCode> correct? In the same
page the link at http://www.example.com/browncorpus is broken (and
shouldn't it been blue-boxed?)
Page 68: again a spacing issue in the code
Page 73 a Paragraph starts with ". Here"
Page 85: footnote 4: such a list within a footnote doesn't look very nice

Elena

--
Elena Pierazzo
Research Associate