[tei-council] project <gi>

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Dec 16 18:33:35 EST 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:
> I suspect you are right, but I cannot delete anything as I have not
> (yet?) been given write capability on the the TEI website.

I think you have to just ask Chris. I don't believe she
has a formal plan of rollout of privileges, she just reacts
as needed.
> I would have been happy with making the content of <gi> xsd:Name.
> Actually validating against a set of specific names is sweet (it's
> just *lovely* to have completion when you're authoring), but is not
> easy. You either need lots of acrobatics to get your list dynamically
> generated, or you need to update a static list of possible values
> every time you want to mention a new element in the Guidelines.

we are already doing something very similar, remember,
to make the example validation work. so if you want
you can plug it in there. See Exemplars/exnames.xml -
you can refactor that, I suspect.