[tei-council] project <gi>

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Dec 16 06:16:25 EST 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:
> I went through the Guidelines today routing out problematic instances
> of the <gi> element. I found and fixed dozens.[1,2]
cool. you're right, we should have been validating that
all along.
> * The files hand.xml and handList.xml still exist in the repository.
>   Any good reason to keep them?
I don't think so.
>  What's more important, though, is
>   that the files
>   http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-hand.html
>   and
>   http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-handList.html
>   still exist. There is good reason to delete them. Seems to me it is
>   important to figure out how it is that they're still there, so that
>   further updates don't leave orphans like that.

I _think_ it's just the way Chris did the web site;
the process is not automated at all. So I'd suggest
you can delete the files on the web site with a clean
conscience.

I am afraid I can't contribute anything at present
to improve the validation, as my efforts are 100%
on the proposal for ISO.