[tei-council] project <gi>

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Sun Dec 16 17:59:56 EST 2007

SB> * The <desc xml:lang="zh-tw" in TEI.xml: is that <gi> a "teiCoprus"?
SB>   In which case, for consistency, I think we should probably re-word
SB>   it to "<gi>teiCorpus</gi> (tei&#x6587;&#x96C6;)" or whatever the
SB>   right thing would be. If no one on Council can answer this (CW?)
SB>   I'll plan to ask Marcus or Weining.

CW> yes, that is a teiCorpus

OK, I've tried to re-word this appropriately; I did exactly what I
said above, except did not include the space in front of the
open-parenthesis -- I don't really think parens are used in CJK, but
since whitespace isn't used otherwise ...

Weining & Marcus -- could you check out
  http://bauman.zapto.org/~syd/temp/Guidelines-web/zh-tw/html/ref-TEI.html
and let me know what, if anything, should be tweaked? (Feel free to
just tweak the source yourself, of course.)

SR> I _think_ it's just the way Chris did the web site; the process
SR> is not automated at all. So I'd suggest you can delete the files
SR> on the web site with a clean conscience.

I suspect you are right, but I cannot delete anything as I have not
(yet?) been given write capability on the the TEI website.

SR> cool. you're right, we should have been validating [content of
SR> <gi>] all along.

I would have been happy with making the content of <gi> xsd:Name.
Actually validating against a set of specific names is sweet (it's
just *lovely* to have completion when you're authoring), but is not
easy. You either need lots of acrobatics to get your list dynamically
generated, or you need to update a static list of possible values
every time you want to mention a new element in the Guidelines.

SR> I am afraid I can't contribute anything at present to improve the
SR> validation, as my efforts are 100% on the proposal for ISO.

Well, if there's a general uproar that we should have such
validation, I can work on it. But no one save me has cared for
several years now, and I've just fixed the problems the lack of
validation has created, so I kinda doubt it's worth the effort.