[tei-council] next release

Arianna Ciula arianna.ciula at kcl.ac.uk
Thu Nov 8 10:21:08 EST 2007

James Cummings wrote:
>> If we really want to do this (and it does seem a bit odd to me to be
>> formalising deprecation in a formal description), the place to do this
>> is in the <remarks> element. That at any rate is where we did it last
>> time: cf the @hand attribute on <hand> in the P4 Guidelines -- a pretty
>> clear precedent.
>
> Then it seems we have a precedent, and that is the way to do it.

Would this mean that when I download my ODD from Roma I get all the
remarks too?
This may become an example of one of those hunting laws mentioned by
Tommy and certainly not very encouraging for a new user.
I wander whether it would be better if, in practice, all the deprecated
uses could be collected somewhere else, still linked to the specific
elements and documented in the full ODD, but possibly extracted from it
by default in Roma.

Arianna

--
Dr Arianna Ciula