[tei-council] next release

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 8 10:31:30 EST 2007

Arianna Ciula wrote:
> I wander whether it would be better if, in practice, all the deprecated
> uses could be collected somewhere else, still linked to the specific
> elements and documented in the full ODD, but possibly extracted from it
> by default in Roma.

I agree (I think). Putting information about deprecation as
prose inside <desc> or <remarks> seems like the worst possible
solution. What's the point of a formal concept if its
not expressed in way that can be searched for? so that we
can allow for "well, its a bit deprecated but I suppose on the
other hand some will find it useful, so use it if you want. or not,
maybe"?