[tei-council] Revised AB

Dan O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Thu Oct 25 13:17:46 EDT 2007

I had divers, snew, and the weird sentence about 2* (all fixed). Also,
the reference to Burnard 2000 is outside the period: "widespread use of
the TEI Guidelines.(Burnard (2000))" --> "widespread use of the TEI
Guidelines (Burnard (2000))."

And finally, speaking of big debates: "the encoding recommended by this
document may be used without fear that future versions of the TEI scheme
will be inconsistent with it in fundamental ways"--do you mean
fundamental in the sense of it won't change to something closer to
xsl-fo, or fundamental in the sense of "won't break backwards
compatability"

I think the chapter as a whole reads extremely well. Well done.

On Thu, 2007-25-10 at 10:49 +0100, Lou Burnard wrote:
> Christian Wittern wrote:
> > Lou,
> >
> > I have now looked at AB.  It reads mostly smoothly and mostly covers
> > what it should, I think.  I found two spelling errors, search for
> > "inmtended" (there is also a fullstop missing at the end of that
> > sentence) and "snew".
> Drat, I put those in specially to see if anyone was reading carefully.
> Now I'll have to put some more in :-)
> >
> > In addition, since you mention the Board, you might also say that the
> > TEI Council started operation with the first meeting in London in
> > January of 2002.  I'd rather also see the mentioning of the Council
> > before the mentioning of P4, since one of the first work items for the
> > Council was approving P4.
>
> Good point. Have reordered the prose accordingly.
> >
> > Should we also mention the annual members meeting and its role somewhere?
> Yes, could do. Have added a sentence anyway.
> >
> > Christian

Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD
Chair, Text Encoding Initiative <http://www.tei-c.org/>
Director, Digital Medievalist Project <http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/>
Associate Professor and Chair of English
University of Lethbridge
Lethbridge AB T1K 3M4
Vox: +1 403 329 2378
Fax: +1 403 382-7191