[tei-council] Revised AB

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 25 17:42:36 EDT 2007

Dan O'Donnell wrote:
> I had divers, snew, and the weird sentence about 2* (all fixed). Also,
> the reference to Burnard 2000 is outside the period: "widespread use of
> the TEI Guidelines.(Burnard (2000))" --> "widespread use of the TEI
> Guidelines (Burnard (2000))."

Ack, I've moved that stop.

> And finally, speaking of big debates: "the encoding recommended by this
> document may be used without fear that future versions of the TEI scheme
> will be inconsistent with it in fundamental ways"--do you mean
> fundamental in the sense of it won't change to something closer to
> xsl-fo, or fundamental in the sense of "won't break backwards
> compatability"

I meant fundamental as defined in the working paper which David B wrote
for council
on the topic of forwards compatibility, and as I was trying to make more
concrete in the following para. Suggestions for improved wording
gratefully received, as also for the other bit I've just added about
sourceforge, at Arianna's suggestion