[tei-council] some attribute issues

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 16 16:04:39 EDT 2007

You don't sound like a broken record particularly, and I'm very happy to
patch up these details, but may I reiterate please that it is MUCH MORE
IMPORTANT to read and comment on the new ST ?

I know that Council members have an awful lot on their plate at the
moment, and they're not actually paid to do any of this work, but I
really need some reassurance that we all understand and support this
fairly major revision!

Syd Bauman wrote:
> * Both method= of <correction> and method= of <normalization> have a
>   value "silent", but for the former the opposite is "markup", for
>   the latter it is "tags".

fixed
> * I hope I don't sound like a broken record, but the version=
>   attribute of <TEI> is still declared as data.decimal. (Besides not
>   doing cool things like pointing to the ODD, which IIRC James wants
>   and is what derailed the conversation last time, this doesn't even
>   permit "1.0.1", or "5.0.1" or "P5 1.0".)

What should it be then?

> * The example in the quotation tagdoc
>   (http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/P5/Guidelines-web-beta/en/html/ref-quotation.html)
>   should use references to Unicode code points (e.g. "double curly
>   quotation marks: U+201C and U+201D") instead of prose descriptions.
>   While we're here, why is the default value of marks= of <quotation>
>   "all"? This didn't make sense to me in P4, either.

Because that is the normal expected behaviour: use Unicode characters.