[tei-council] vote on NH

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 2 14:37:22 EDT 2007

> This current chapter has been around since 2005-09. (I asked Lou to
> read & comment on it at the meeting in Bulgaria.[1]) Of particular
> relevance is that it was committed to Sourceforge a year ago -- it
> has not only been available to Council since then, but has been a
> part of P5 in its 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8, and now 0.9 releases.

This is nonsense. The chapter was committed to sf as a preliminary draft
in august 06. It has never, so far as I know, been presented to Council
for consideration until now. I don't remember being asked to comment on
it in september 2005, but if I were it would have been a bit pointless
since Andreas' draft didn't even exist at that time.

As for its being part of P5 in previous releases: that's really a bad
mistake. It should have had (as it did in P4) a clear health warning
saying that it was undergoing revision.

> Despite its having been part of the published P5 for a year, I am not
> aware of any unsolicited comments on the chapter, either compliments
> or complaints, from anyone.

There have been REPEATED requests from me to ask whether it was ready
yet. There have been no comments on the chapter from anyone till now
because you have repeatedly said that you were still working on it!

> Note
> ----
> [1] That is not a pot-shot at Lou for not reading it then: in his
>     defense, we both agreed at the time that any work on NH should be
>     deferred until after all the class work stuff was implemented.
>     After that, I dropped the ball just as much as he.

I deny ever having been given a ball to drop.