[tei-council] vote on NH

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Tue Oct 2 14:21:06 EDT 2007

> Every other chapter has been read several times by now, but this
> particular one has only just arrived.

> ... the present version is a complete rewrite of the original
> chapter which has only this week been presented for consideration
> as a new material.

I don't think this does, or should, have a whole lot of bearing on
the current "include NH or not" question, but I'm worried that folks
might be left with the wrong impression.

This current chapter has been around since 2005-09. (I asked Lou to
read & comment on it at the meeting in Bulgaria.[1]) Of particular
relevance is that it was committed to Sourceforge a year ago -- it
has not only been available to Council since then, but has been a
part of P5 in its 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8, and now 0.9 releases.

To my knowledge it has only been reviewed thoroughly by a Council
member once: by Tone Merete for the Berlin meeting. She made several
helpful suggestions (thanks TMB!) which, I believe, have all been
addressed and most of which have been incorporated into the chapter.
(TMB, please let us know if I've missed any of 'em.)

Despite its having been part of the published P5 for a year, I am not
aware of any unsolicited comments on the chapter, either compliments
or complaints, from anyone.

Note
----
[1] That is not a pot-shot at Lou for not reading it then: in his
    defense, we both agreed at the time that any work on NH should be
    deferred until after all the class work stuff was implemented.
    After that, I dropped the ball just as much as he.