[tei-council] Further update on PH

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 18 13:48:47 EDT 2007

Arianna Ciula wrote:

> Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> Arianna Ciula wrote:
>>>
>>> I assume that in the attributes you propose 'u' and 'l' stay for
>>> upper and lower. Sorry, but it was not evident for me when I first
>>> read it.
>> ok, how about @upperX @upperY  @lowerX @lowerY?
>>

> I don't want to be fussy. It may just be my problem...but surely these
> are clearer to me.
>
> Arianna

Not me, I fear. "upper" could mean "higher value" or it could mean
"vertically above".

How about "tlx tly brx bry" (top left x, bottom right y)?

but i am still not persuaded that these things should be separate
attributes anyway. We didnt have this argument when we were specifying
how to give <geo> map coordinate values. Why are we having it now?