[tei-council] facsimile diagram

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Aug 2 10:43:18 EDT 2007

Conal Tuohy wrote:
> Lou Burnard wrote:
>
>> The big headache for me is the attributes. The draft I am working on
>> proposes a new global attribute @facs to point from any element to a
>> corresponding surface (or zone) but we need more than that.
>
> Yes, I think we certainly need to be able to point from a zone to a
> range of text, delimited by milestone elements.

Conal,

In the call you said something like that in the surface/graphic/zone
hierarchy the graphic could be a full page/wall/whatever or could equally
be a small detail of that surface.  I just want to make sure I'm
understanding this right, it isn't that graphic can act as a zone, but that
you could have two graphics, one full page, one same resolution but
close-up-macro-shot-of-detail?  If the first graphic had a zone that was
the same as the amount-of-surface covered by the second graphic that would
be ok.  (The use-case in my mind being highlighting a section of the first
graphic somehow to then have someone click on to see the full-sized detail
(i.e. second graphic).)

I just wanted to make sure I had that clear in my mind or I wasn't
misunderstanding?

-James