[tei-council] facsimile diagram

Christian Wittern cwittern at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 07:05:04 EDT 2007

For what its worth, as far as I understand the proposal I like what I see.

Dot Porter wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> On 8/2/07, Lou Burnard <lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> I still prefer the idea of recursive surfaces
>>
>> TEI -> header, facsimile? , text?
>>
>> facsimile -> front?, (surface+ | model.graphicLike+), back?)
>>
>> surface -> (model.graphicLike*, surface*)
>>
>> This allows for the possibility that you might have additional images
>> for particularly interesting bits of the page ("zone"s in your terminologuy)
>>

> It is important to allow for both coordinates pointing into image
> files and for separate "zone" images, however it's done.

The way I understand Conal's proposal this is exactly the same set of
coordinates, since they relate to the same physical page.

>> The big headache for me is the attributes. The draft I am working on
>> proposes a new global attribute @facs to point from any element to a
>> corresponding surface (or zone) but we need more than that.
>>

> Please, not global. I don't think @facs would make sense on any
> element in the header (except maybe for some in msDesc). Perhaps on
> children of <text>?

I think it will probably make sense to go even further and try to
determine on what elements it does make sense.

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern