[tei-council] facsimile diagram

James Cummings James.Cummings at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Aug 2 07:44:16 EDT 2007

Yup, I agree with what Conal says below.  I think it a shame that a set of
xpointer schemes to point into all different sorts of media hasn't been
done.  The ISO standard in question is 21000-17, I believe and only covers
MPEG.  I think it would be great if the TEI had a single similar xpointer
scheme method for pointing into multiple types of non-XML media.  However,
I don't think this is realistic or really advisable for P5 1.0.  If ISO/W3C
do more in this area, it would be changes which are backwards compatible
and no problem to include in P5 1.x sometime in the future.

-James